This club is designed to cultivate Black excellence in rock climbing. This is a safe space for self-identifying Black girls and women (cis, trans & non-binary) to gain an introduction to climbing and to learn how to grow as a competitive climber. This club focuses on community, education and training for climbing to increase diversity in recreational and elite-level climbing competitions.
The membership is free for self-identifying Black women (cis, trans & non-binary) 18 years of age or older. You are not required to be based in the NY/NJ area or have any climbing experience to join, just an interest in learning and growing your skills. Member benefits include:
- Access to local social events in the New York & New Jersey area
- Educational resources and workshops, both virtual and in-person
- Co-mentoring, coaching and networking opportunities
- Priority access and discounts on climbing retreats and day trips
- Financial support for climbing competitions
- Training for climbing tips and support
- Competition survival kits (coming soon)
NOTE: There are ally and donor membership options.