This club is designed to cultivate Black excellence in rock climbing. This is a safe space for self-identifying Black women/non-binary/genderqueer folks to gain an introduction to climbing and to learn how to grow as a competitive climber. This club focuses on community, education and training for climbing to increase diversity in recreational and elite-level climbing competitions.
The membership is free for self-identifying Black women/non-binary/genderqueer climbers 18 years of age or older. You are not required to be based in the NY/NJ area or have any climbing experience to join, just an interest in learning and growing your skills. Club members must commit to the following:
- Attend regular club meetings (virtual and/or in-person)
- Attend at least one outdoor crag cleanup or workshop per year (in-person or virtual)
- Be willing to support Access Fund with a one-time donation or membership OR join your local climbing organization
- Participate in at least one climbing competition per year (financial support available)
- Be willing to co-mentor other club members
- Agree to occasional use of your image on social media platforms
NOTE: There are ally and donor membership options.